This humble little book became a superstar over 35-years ago, now proudly in its 9th edition. It is a condensed mix of everything you might need to know at the patient bedside. If you are looking to reference info, such as PFT interpretation, ECG rhythms, equations, you'll find it all presented to-the-point, just how you might need it bedside. Procedures ranging from airway management to airway clearance cover 100 pages perfect for both the student and the seasoned practitioner. The list goes on ... Troubleshooting, drugs, diseases, even advanced ABG interpretation are all included at a price that is impressively low.
Key Reasons to Own this Pocket Guide:
- Everything you need for assessment, from labs to chest radiographs to EKGs and PFTs - everything you need in the moment
- Advanced arterial blood gas interpretation, including compensations and management strategies
- Always updated pharmacology with latest evidence-based suggestions, dosages, forms, and more
- Updates to nearly every disease and disorder, including how to best support patients using current trends in literature
- Every major relevant guideline (Asthma, COPD, Procedures, etc.) is summarized into just what you need to know
Students and New Graduates
This pocket guide is invaluable, full of equations you're trying to remember, EKG rhythms, tons on drugs, etc. it's like legal "cheating" as you focus on gaining clinical assessment and critical application skills.
We've written this book to be as applicable 20-years into the profession as it was a student. As you know, it is critical that the information you're using at the bedside be based on the latest guidelines and standards (after all, this is what we want when we receive care). We've done all that, researching and summarizing what is needed. Whether for quality of patient care or protection from legal issues in the future, having a copy of Oakes' Respiratory Care Pocket Guide is a much more valuable asset than trusting random online searches for information.